Reports to: ASSISTANT MANAGER
– Hourly Position
• Must communicate fluently and effectively using both spoken and written English language.
• Must have the ability to interact effectively with guests, co-workers and all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds from floor to chest repeatedly.
• Must be able to stand, squat and kneel for extended periods.
• Must be able to safely and responsibly operate small boats, golf carts and similar vehicles.
• Must be able to operate two-wheeled hand truck, pallet jack and similar material handling equipment.
• Must be able to access, navigate and effectively work while on floating dock platforms.
• Must be able to walk long distances over ½ mile and more without stopping.
• Must be able to climb and descend a flight of stairs repeatedly throughout each workday.
• Must be able to work effectively for extended periods inside a refrigerated cooler.
• Must be able to handle, count and package live bait.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends and Holidays.
• Must be capable of accurately completing basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, etc.
• Must be able to accurately and effectively use the following technology items; phone system, two-way radio, fueling system, 10 key calculators, point of sale cash register system, computers, printers, etc.
Ensure the following items are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain a pleasant, responsive and positive customer-service oriented demeanor at all times. Interact positively with all guests to create and maintain a happy and pleasant resort-minded atmosphere.
• Immediately welcome guests.
• Provide direction to incoming vessels on where to dock depending on what services they are seeking.
• Ensure that all incoming boats are immediately met, assisted to tie up and serviced for Fuel, Waste pumpout, Ice, etc.
• NEVER PUT FUEL OR WATER INTO A VESSEL WITHOUT THE OWNER VISUALLY IDENTIFYING THE APPROPRIATE FILL OPENING(S)!!! NEVER TRUST WHAT IS MARKED ON A CAP OR PORT!
• Immediately communicate with Ship’s Store personnel all fuel, ice, pumpout and other services rendered to ensure that all items are accurately charged, and all amounts due are collected.
• Bag ice and maintain all ice keepers in full condition at all times.
• Ensure that all fuel, pumpout and water hoses are clean, sanitary and neatly stored at all times.
• Maintain inside and outside of icemakers, ice keepers and bagging equipment in a constantly clean and sanitary condition.
• Maintain all dock and walkway areas in a clean, obstruction-free and safe condition.
• Be familiar and proactive with all emergency procedures and operations.
• Immediately communicate all safety and security concerns of the Marina docks, equipment and fleet to Management.
• Remove insect/spider nests and clean resulting droppings/debris daily.
• Assist other marina employees when able to do so.
• Address customer needs, complaints and opportunities as they arise and elevate to management as necessary.
• Be completely familiar with property and operations and interact with prospective customers to educate about Marina property including RV Park and area history.
• Dunnage and waste materials from ship’s store operation are neatly stored and frequently removed from main dock area.
• Keep Manager informed of any product or merchandise that is running low on inventory.
• Be vigilant against theft and waste and take an active role in loss prevention measures.
• Assist as needed with monitoring of and cleanliness of restroom and shower facilities and waste receptacles.
• Refrain from personal phone use during work hours.
• Immediately communicate to Management any and all information, positive or negative, that may be of concern to or have an effect upon the overall business or marina guests.
• Other temporary or ongoing duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by management for the benefit of the business or marina guests.