Reports to: RESTAURANT MANAGER
– Hourly Position
• Must communicate fluently and effectively using spoken English language.
• Must have the ability to interact effectively with guests, co-workers and all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds from floor to chest.
• Must be able to understand and follow written and spoken recipes and ingredient lists/portions.
• Must be able to operate two-wheeled hand truck, pallet jack and similar material handling equipment.
• Must be able to work in a professional kitchen setting including operation of varied cooking equipment.
• Must be able to effectively tolerate extended periods in hot conditions while standing.
• Must be able to access, navigate and effectively work while on floating dock platforms.
• Must be able to walk long distances over ½ mile and more without stopping.
• Must be able to work effectively for extended periods inside a refrigerated cooler.
• Must be able to identify, accurately prepare dilutions of, and responsibly and safely work with various general cleaning and disinfecting chemicals.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends and Holidays.
• Must be capable of accurately completing basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage.
Ensure the following items are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain a pleasant, responsive and positive customer-service oriented demeanor at all times. Interact positively with all guests to create and maintain a happy and pleasant resort-minded atmosphere.
• Be familiar and proactive with all emergency procedures and operations.
• Immediately communicate all safety and security concerns of the Marina docks and equipment to Management.
• Address customer needs, complaints and opportunities as they arise and elevate to management as necessary.
• Be able to prepare and present food as trained and instructed.
• Keep kitchen and dining areas and floors clean and organized for the safety of our guests.
• Kitchen and cooler is routinely swept, vacuumed, and mopped for cleanliness.
• Routinely keep products rotated and dated.
• Be vigilant against theft and waste and take an active role in loss prevention measures.
• Assist as needed with monitoring of and cleanliness of restroom and shower facilities and waste receptacles.
• Assist other employees as needed.
• Refrain from personal phone use during work hours.
• Immediately communicate to Management any and all information, positive or negative, that may be of concern to or have an effect upon the overall business or marina guests.
• Other temporary or ongoing duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by management for the benefit of the business or marina guests.