Reports to: SHIP’S STORE MANAGER
– Hourly Position
• Must communicate fluently and effectively using both spoken and written English language.
• Must have the ability to interact effectively with guests, co-workers and all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds from floor to chest repeatedly.
• Must be able to safely and responsibly operate small boats, golf carts and similar vehicles.
• Must be able to operate two-wheeled hand truck, pallet jack and similar material handling equipment.
• Must be able to access, navigate and effectively work while on floating dock platforms.
• Must be able to walk long distances over ½ mile and more without stopping.
• Must be able to climb and descend a flight of stairs repeatedly throughout each workday.
• Must be able to work effectively for extended periods inside a refrigerated cooler.
• Must be able to handle, count and package live bait.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends and Holidays.
• Must be capable of accurately completing basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
• Must be able to accurately and effectively use the following technology items; phone system, two-way radio, 10 key calculators, point of sale cash register system, fueling system, computers, printers,
copiers, fax machine, email, Excel, Word, Power Point, Quick Books, Marina Office and other technology and programming solutions.
• Must be able to accurately count and maintain cash drawers, change, banks, etc.
Ensure the following items are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain a pleasant, responsive and positive customer-service oriented demeanor at all times. Interact positively with all guests to create and maintain a happy and pleasant resort-minded atmosphere.
• Accurately and efficiently check out all guest purchases, process payments and otherwise assist guests with transactions.
• Be familiar and proactive with all emergency procedures and operations.
• Immediately communicate all safety and security concerns of the Marina docks, equipment and fleet to Management.
• Communicate with fuel pier personnel to ensure that all rendered services are accurately and immediately collected.
• Act as backup for Fuel Pier when understaffed or no attendant is present.
• Address customer needs, complaints and opportunities as they arise and elevate to management as necessary.
• Be completely familiar with property and operations and interact with prospective customers to educate about Marina property including RV Park and area history.
• Assist with bagging ice as needed to ensure that ice keepers are fully stocked.
• Ship’s Store (interior, exterior, windows, doors, etc.) is kept clean and organized for attractiveness and efficiency to marina guests.
• Ship’s Store floor is routinely swept, vacuumed, and damp mopped for cleanliness.
• Routinely price, restock and maintain all store merchandise areas in an organized, neat and visually attractive manner.
• Merchandise back-stock area above marina store and inside primary cooler is kept neat and organized for convenient backfilling of merchandise.
• Dunnage and waste materials from ship’s store operation are neatly stored and frequently removed from main dock area.
• Keep Manager informed of any product or merchandise that is running low on inventory.
• Keep any damaged or defective merchandise segregated for management’s annual review of product quality.
• At Management’s direction, Receive, inventory, and accurately check-in all shipments to Ship’s Store so that all shipping tickets are marked; “Received by (Initials)”; “Counted & Priced by (Initials)”; and ensure Marina Management has copy of the shipping tickets for all inbound shipments.
• All promotional literature of the marina, community and region is kept current, prominently displayed and available for marina guests.
• Monitor and maintain fitting room cleanliness and security.
• Be vigilant against theft and waste and take an active role in loss prevention measures.
• Assist as needed with monitoring of and cleanliness of restroom and shower facilities and waste receptacles.
• Assist other marina employees when able to do so.
• Refrain from personal phone use during work hours.
• Immediately communicate to Management any and all information, positive or negative, that may be of concern to or have an effect upon the overall business or marina guests.
• Other temporary or ongoing duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by management for the benefit of the business or marina guests.